Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just a feeling ...

So, today I went for a long overdue gynecologist exam. Blood pressure up a little - no surprise, given the economic situation around here. (Wonder how long it will take me to find a job this time.)

I thought the exam would be mostly about the changes in my cycle. After all, I just finished a three-week period. I knew I'd be scheduled for a mammogram, as well as some blood tests to check my hormone levels.

What I didn't expect was the ultrasound I have to have on Thursday because I have what seems to be a large polyp. The NP seemed surprised at its size, and the fact it bled as soon as the speculum was in. The ultrasound will show just how big it is and if it starts in my uterus.

When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, my dad with colon polyps and prostrate cancer, I just KNEW they'd be fine, and they are. It just KNEW it. Felt it in my bones that I didn't have to worry. When John was diagnosed with all his health issues, I knew it would be ok - he has to deal with stuff every day, but I didn't worry horribly. He's taking great care of himself.

Me, on the otherhand ... well, I have a really bad feeling. I don't think this will be simple. I don't expect a quick procedure in the doctor's office next week. I'm hoping that all I have to worry about is a more complicated procedure done at the hospital. I truly hope that will be the end of it.

But honestly, I don't think it will be. Just a feeling ... a very strong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment