Thursday, September 9, 2010

Seriously???

Today's first thought ... "Thursday. Ultrasound day."

The day actually started pretty great. Anya was in a great frame of mind for school. After dropping her off, I had some much needed friend time with Renee (and Aidan, of course) at Starbucks, dutifully drinking my 24oz of water (well, actually it was 23.7oz), enjoying a special treat ... a cranberry/orange scone (it's been a long time).

Then it was off for my ultrasound. Not much to prepare for ... gel wasn't cold on my belly, five minutes of pressing as lightly as possible on my very full bladder ... then BAM!

"Now I'll be doing the transvaginal ultrasound, and for that you'll need an empty bladder. The bathroom is right there."

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? Seriously ... someone couldn't have mentioned that? I know, I know ... they don't hurt. Simply uncomfortable - no biggie. But I'm just ready for no one to be messing down there for a while. I already feel things I know there's no way for me to feel - it's all in my head. And of course, I've now been spotting all day again.

Tomorrow is my mammogram. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment